Reverb10: December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful.
December 9 – Party Prompt: Party. What social gathering rocked your socks off in 2010? Describe the people, music, food, drink, clothes, shenanigans.
I swear I am not writing the Dec. 8th post late because I was trying to avoid it. Although, word on the street (okay, it was on Twitter) is that this post was very hard to write.
So, do you remember that shampoo commercial where the lady swings her freshly washed hair around and says, “don’t hate me because I’m beautiful!” (maybe it was Pantene) ? I always thought it was hilarious. And I never hated her for being beautiful; I only hated her seeming stupid. Anyway, that’s where I got the title for this post.
But to get back to the question–How am I beautifully different? Oh, let me count the ways:
1) Let’s see; I have a great sense of humor. I don’t mean I think I’m funny, but I think I respond to situations with good humor. It’s pretty hard to upset me, unless you almost set a truck on fire at a chili cook-off. (ah-hem)
And I adore a good witty comment.
2) No one is a stranger to me. It sometimes drives John crazy, but I can strike up a conversation (and usually a friendship) with just about anybody, anywhere. (I know this shocks you, because you probably had me pegged as the shy, quiet type) I really enjoy getting to know other people. After that, eh, depending on the person I sometimes regret it.
3) I am an open book. As if this blog isn’t proof enough, I am different from most (although, not all) because I honestly don’t have any secrets. If it’s happening to me then you know about it. Even if you don’t want to know about it…for the millionth time.
4) I think I make a good use of parenthesis–more than the average writer. I may possibly hold the world record for most unnecessary uses of parenthesis in a single story (see what I mean?).
5) Damn! My friend Holli was right–this is a hard blog to write! I feel like I am fishing for compliments, which I swear I am not. Maybe I should have made Holli write this post for me. She sort of owes me a return compliment anyway. ha ha
Now, about that party (the Dec. 9th question)– I think that’s about to happen this Saturday night. I’ll keep you posted. 😉